N.E. Cal. Events
Live at 5
Susanville Auto Center
Le Schwab Tires
6/15/2017 - Emergency Conservation Program Offers Assistance to Local Ranchers and Farmers
Click here to print this information
Lassen, Plumas, and Sierra County producers may be eligible for emergency conservation program assistance.
Flooding has caused severe damage in all areas of Lassen, Plumas, and Sierra County.
Farms and ranches suffering severe damage may be eligible for assistance under the Emergency Conservation Program (ECP) administered by the Lassen Plumas Sierra County Farm Service Agency (FSA).
For land to be eligible, the natural disaster must create new conservation problems that, if untreated, would:
* Be so costly to rehabilitate that Federal assistance is or will be needed to return the land to productive agricultural use.
* Is unusual and is not the type that would reoccur frequently in the same area.
* Affect the productive capacity of the farmland
* Impair or endanger the land
A producer qualifying for ECP assistance may receive cost-share levels not to exceed 75 percent of the eligible cost of restoration measures.
No producer is eligible for more than $200,000 cost sharing per natural disaster occurrence.
The following types of measures may be eligible:
* Removing debris from farmland
* Grading, shaping, or releveling severely damaged farmland.
* Restoring permanent fences
* Restoring conservation structures and other similar installations
Producers who have suffered a loss from a natural disaster may contact the local FSA County Office and request assistance from May 9, 2017 July 7, 2017.
To be eligible for assistance, practices must not be started until all of the following are met:
* An application for cost-share assistance has been filed
* The local FSA County Committee (COC) or its representatives has conducted an on-site-inspection of the damaged area
* The Agency responsible for technical assistance, such as the Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), has made a needs determination, which may include cubic yards of earthmoving, ect., required for
To schedule a signup appointment, please contact the Lassen, Plumas, Sierra County FSA Office by:
* Calling (530) 257-4127 ext. 104
* Emailing Debi Michaels at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by Access NTR