Return to

Susanville Auto Center

Lassen MUD

Le Schwab Tires

Ed Staub

Howard Construction

6/12/2017 - Susanville City Council Discusses Numerous Topics During Meeting - Click here to print this information

During the Susanville City Council meeting, the Council was asked to establish a Flood/Emergency Declarations Budget.

The City applied for FEMA financial assistance following both the January and February flooding events to help cover the cost of the damages.

City Staff requested a budget amendment of $50,000 to cover the expenses.

FEMA and the State of California would fund 93.75% of reimbursements, with the City being responsible for the remaining 6.25%. The Council approved the budget amendment.

The Council was also asked to authorize a utility service agreement between the City of Susanville and HLRVA for the Honey Lake Valley Swimming Pool.

Under the agreement, the City would provide water to the pool at no charge to HLRVA, provide natural gas at the raw cost per the natural gas resolution, and provide geothermal at a cost per square foot per the existing geothermal rate structure during the winter season and at a rate that reflects the pumping costs during the summer months.

The Council approved the utility service agreement.

In addition, the Council was asked to authorize the execution of a School Resource Officer agreement with Lassen Union High School.

The updated SRO agreement will now enable the Officer to assist in the reduction of truancy.

The term will renew automatically, unless the agreement is properly terminated by either the High School or the City.

The agreement also allows the City to be reimbursed for 75% of the benefited cost of an officer position.

The Council approved the agreement of an SRO with Lassen Union High School.

Finally, the Council was asked to approve the amendment to the Susanville Municipal Code that implements the property maintenance ordinances.

The amendment includes neglected, vacant buildings and the abatement of dangerous buildings.

The Council approved the amendments to the Susanville Municipal Code.

More Information

Powered by Access NTR