Making A Difference
Trading on the Radio
1/2/2018 - Brown County Carbon Monoxide Victims Identified
Click here to print this information
Three men were found dead at a deer hunting camp between Brownwood and Bangs Saturday afternoon have been identified by the Brown County Sheriff Vance Hill.
The three were John Glass, Sr., 69, of Brownwood; Bryan Glass, 41, of Temple; and Cody Glass, 13, of Troy.
Brown County Sheriffs Office deputies responded to a hunting camp that had what was described as a box trailer that had been converted into a camp.
The sheriff said the likely cause of the deaths was carbon monoxide poisoning from a propane heater inside the trailer. There was no ventilation.
Because of this incident, the Brown County Sheriff issued a statement urging residents to make sure proper carbon monoxide and smoke detectors are installed in residences.
He added that people using propane heaters in out-buildings need to make sure there is plenty of ventilation.
Powered by Access NTR